Monday, January 27, 2014

What to do with your lovely dainty gift boxes??

If you are like me, it's hard to throw away lovely gift boxes.  Of course you could reuse them next Christmas or repurpose them now to hold some of your treasured trinkets.
 I received gifts in the pretty boxes shown here and could not throw them out.

So, I started looking in drawers for items that would turn these almost destined for the trash items into desk-top treasures.  In my favorite junk drawer I found a white dove napkin ring, a bird from an old Christmas wreath, a baby's rocker and a beautiful crystal finial from an old lamp.   I added them to the tops of the gift boxes and now they are adorable keepsake containers for baby's first tooth, an old love letter, you name it, and you can save, it in style.  Cost: $0.00



1 comment:

  1. I have an old medium sized clear mason jar from a long ago flea market (they are also in thrift stores)- very cheap. I took all those small soaps I have accumulated from all hotels I've been, unwrapped them, and put them in the jar. Simple! Great look for a bathroom or laundry room. Mine is in the laundry room.I can't post a photo in the comments section so you will have to post it when I email it to you. The jar is sitting on a small towel on the dryer. Behind it, I have a wicker basket full of odds and ends. I can't praise wicker baskets enough. They are cheap, they go with just about every decor and you can fill them with anything.

    ReplyDelete